After considering the past year’s events, it is pretty safe to assume everyone has spent this time in a stressful place. Consequently, the one thing made clear during this situation is that utmost care must be taken of ourselves. Staying healthy is of priority, and a great way to work on that is regular yoga. Yoga is an ancient practice that combines breathing exercises with bodily positions to benefit your mind and body. Yoga has been proven to have multiple advantages, and if you haven’t added it yet, here are 10 poses you should add to your daily routine right away:
- Balasana (Child’s Pose): Get down on your knees and settle yourself comfortably on your ankles. Inhale as you slowly fold your upper body over at the front and touch your forehead to the mat and exhale. Keep your hands relaxed by your side.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog): Bend and place your hands on the mat straight underneath your shoulders. Your knees should be underneath your hips in a crawling position. Now, push your hips up by shifting weight to your toes, let your head relax and make sure your joints are straight.
- Bitilasana (Cow Pose): Begin on your hands and knees. Inhale deeply while you tilt your head and chest upwards and allow your midsection to fall towards the floor in a curve. Keep your head straight and take deep breaths.
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold): Sit with your legs together and stretch out. Inhale as you bring your arms straight above your head and down on an exhale while bending forward at the waist. Touch your forehead to your knees and hands to your toes.
- Viparita Kirani (Legs Up The Wall Pose): Lie down on your side with your butt touching the wall, and your legs stretched out. Turn over onto your back and bring your legs up with you as they are propped against the wall. Keep your arms at your side and your legs straight.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): Lie down on your stomach, place your palms flat at shoulder level and lift your upper body. Keep your hips connected to the floor as you hold your upper body and look ahead.
- Sukhasana (Easy Sitting Pose): Sit cross-legged in a comfortable position. Place hands on your knees and keep your spine straight. Close your eyes and practice breathing exercises.
- Uttanasana (Forward Fold Pose): Stand straight with your feet together. On an inhale, bend forward at the hips and place your hands right beside your feet. Hold this position for as long as comfortable.
- Makarasana (Crocodile Pose): Lower your body to the ground and lie down on your stomach. Cross your arms in front of you and rest your forehead on it. Press down and breathe.
- Shavasana (Corpse Pose): Lie down on your back with your legs and arms relaxed. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
All of the above-listed yoga poses combined can have massive positive impacts on your mental and physical health. Learn how to get them just right with cult.fit’s professional guidance sessions. Curated by experts, this session is the key to ensuring your good health so get going!